Transforming lives in Haiti
Making an impact in the lives of poor people living in Haiti has been the ministry of Love A Child, and founders Bobby and Sherry Burnette, since 1985. We are pleased to share with you just a few of the ways in which the many outreaches of Love A Child in Haiti have changed lives for children and families during 2017.
“Love is something you do!”
- More than 24.7 million meals served
- Working with more than 80 partner agencies monthly to provide a “bridge” of support throughout Haiti
- 48,016 patients treated at the Jesus Healing Center (JHC) and LAC’s Malnutrition Center
- Seven (7) mobile medical clinics conducted; treating over 7,000 patients
- Over 8,500 students enrolled in 18 LAC schools; nearly 250 teachers receiving meaningful employment
- Two (2) newly built schools – Savaan Pit and Miracle Village
- One (1) new church built – Greffin Church
- One (1) new church under construction – Fond Michelle
- 14 graduates from two sessions of LAC’s intensive 3-week long, accelerated Agricultural Training Center (ATC) residential classes
- 48 graduates completed our two-year ATC program; all ATC students learn sustainable gardening practices to improve the quality of life in their villages for generations to come!
- Three (3) year anniversary of Gwo Maché Mirak; supporting nearly 600 businesses and employment for over 2,000 Haitian men and women
- Completion of a new livestock slaughterhouse to provide the local community in Fond Parisien with fresh, clean meat
- 41 total short term mission trips were organized throughout the year; volunteers conducted activities including outreach evangelism, construction planning and labor, food and clothing distribution, and preparing for and administering medical care
- 1 (one) new orphanage built – Fond Michelle; housing nearly 25 orphaned children
- 50 houses built in the hills of Jérémie, Haiti; for children and families who lost their homes during Hurricane Matthew (October 2016)
- 1 (one) new well successfully drilled in Old Le Tant
- 12 monthly deliveries of life-saving water to the village of Madamn Bauje
Together, with all of you, our donors, sponsors, and partners, we are transforming lives through education, health care, nutrition, and love!
Please consider a year-end gift to help continue making a meaningful impact in Haiti. Thank you and may God bless you.